Thursday, November 26, 2015

Podcasts, Veggies, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello all and Happy Turkey Day to you! If you are in the US, then today is all about the big meal, possibly the football games, possibly the Macy's parade...but hopefully, it's also about family, friends, and gratitude! Today, I am grateful for my family, which includes the Trio and our other four-legged critters, my friends, our warm home, and everything in my life!

First off, let me share the Thanksgiving feast that I just took out to the sheep:

Today they are enjoying a large helping of turnips, potatoes, radishes, parsnips, and a huge sweet potato! What is truly wonderful is that they recognize the sound of my chopping vegetables for them - so this is what was waiting for me when I stepped outside with the bowl:


My daughter and I walked up the hill to their pasture with them, then served their dinner in three bowls we keep out there for this and their morning sweet feed. They were quite thrilled with their version of a Thanksgiving feast!




But, of course, Panda Bear has to make sure I'm not holding more food in my hand - after sniffing my camera, she did go back to eating her veggies!


In addition to being thankful for my life as a shepherdess, I am also VERY thankful to the friends I've made thanks to Ravelry. Sometimes described as Facebook for knitters, Ravelry is way more than that - it is a resource for knitters, crocheters, spinners, and weavers, and is the most amazing social networking site I've ever seen. If you haven't checked it out, do yourself a favor - CHECK IT OUT! Not only have I learned a ton about my favorite crafts, but I've also made my closest and dearest friends - and one of them, who goes by veganjilly on Ravelry, has a group and a podcast - The Knitting Broomstick - and it is AMAZING!  First of all, listening to Jilly talk about knitting and spinning on her podcast is a delight - it's like being able to sit down and have a cup of tea with her (as we live several hundred miles apart, that doesn't happen for real, although we did get to meet up at LeakyCon in Portland a few years ago - and oh my heck, how fun that was!!)! But her group is SO MUCH FUN - she offers KALs (knit-alongs) with prizes, encouragement to finish up our holiday crafting lists, and just a ton of conversation and fun - her positive attitude and joyous living of her life is inspirational! If you're not on Ravelry but would like to check out her podcast, you can still watch on youtube:


But if you're not on Ravelry and you're a knitter, crocheter, spinner, or weaver...do yourself a favor and join Ravelry! Remember that Blaine Fleece and Fiber also has a group there!

That's it for today - the sheepies are fed, I have a pre-cooked turkey heating up in my crockpot, and a pair of socks that I'm knitting...it's a good day here in our house, and I wish all the blessings in the world to you and yours - for health, happiness, and gratitude throughout the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment